MY BUSINESS AND TAX
The following is an excerpt from the SARS website, which you can find here.
- 15 December 2014 – Changes in the changing of banking details
For changes in the changing of banking details process with effect from 15 December 2014, click here.
- 11 December 2014 – Need a Power of Attorney?
All the SARS Power of Attorney (POA) forms are templates provided as options for taxpayers who don’t have access to any other POA for dealings relating to tax matters specifically.
Any POA is acceptable as long as it’s within the validity period, contains the required information and is duly signed by the person transferring their authority to someone else to act on their behalf, read more.
- 6 December 2014 – CIT legal changes on the ITR14 form
We’ve made minor changes to the ITR14 for the 2014 year of assessment due to legislative changes. Provision was made on the return for the disclosure of additional information, read more.
- 13 November 2014 – e@syFile™ Employer
The latest version of e@syFile™ Employer is now available for downloading. For more information on the changes made, read more.
- 10 November 2014 – Transferring taxpayers on eFiling
Important changes have been made when transferring a taxpayer on eFiling. Read more here.
- 3 November 2014 – Merging all types of taxes
From 1 November 2014, a new merging function is available on eFiling. This function will help you easily merge all the types of taxes into one single profile for each client/entity. Read more here.
- 6 October 2014 – New Income Tax Return for Trusts Now Available
SARS is improving the Income Tax Return for Trusts. The new form (ITR12T) is now available. Read more here.
- 6 October 2014 – Employment Tax Incentive (ETI) Refund Process
The refund process is expected to be introduced in the last quarter of 2014, see the latest important facts about ETI refunds. Read more.
- 26 September 2014 – eFiling Credit Push option extended
The eFiling Credit Push option has been extended to Bidvest Bank and allows you to cancel a Credit Push transaction, read more.
- 23 September 2014 – Anti-virus and e@syFile™ Employer
Are you having problems with your anti-virus while downloading e@syFile™ Employer? Read more here.
- 5 September 2014 – No more assistance to unregistered Tax Practitioners
From 8 September 2014 Tax Practitioners who aren’t registered with both a Recognised Controlling Body (RCB) and SARS can no longer be assisted, read more.
- 6 August 2014 – The Payment Advice Notice (PAN)
The new Payment Advice Notice (PAN), has been extended to Customs and Excise clients who wish to make payments at banks or via electronic funds transfer (EFT), read more.
- 10 June 2014 – Enhancements for registered representatives (e.g. Public Officers)
With single registration, registered representatives (e.g. company representatives or Public Officers) are now able to do additional functions on eFiling, read more here.
- 12 May 2014 – Single Registration
The way you register for tax & customs and update your existing details has changed from 12 May 2014. For more information, click here.
- 10 February 2014 – Qualifying Employers
Did you know you may claim the Employment Tax Incentive (ETI) on your EMP201 submission? To see if you qualify or for more information read more.
- 5 November 2013 – Discontinuation of Debit Pull Transactions on eFiling
As of the end of October 2013 Debit Pull transactions are discontinued for ABSA, FNB, Investec, Nedbank and Standard Bank. Read more.